Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cute French Café & Velib

A friend just introduced me to the CUTEST little café near my apt... its called Séseme on Quai Valmy along Canal St. Martin. It's a tiny, bright place (seats about 10 people) selling hot drinks, beer & wine and an assortment of snacks salads, sandwiches, soup & salad. Right now, we're sitting at the bar, drinking coffee and sharing a slice of carrot cake, typing away at our laptops. The waitress is super nice and just gave us leftover sandwiches since they're about to close. Well, I know where I'll be whiling away the hours from now on!

As a side note, I came here by bike. I just signed up for the Velib bike service which is this initiative the Mayor (?) started in Paris last summer. For 29€, you get a year-long subscription to ride the city bikes as much as you like. I've only used it once so far, but I'm trying to take advantage of every opportunity. Mappy.com said it would take 12 minutes to walk from my apt to the café so I decided to bike it, thinking I'd arrive in about 2 minutes. Naturally, I got lost. And 40 minutes later, I finally found the place. I nearly killed myself in the processgoing through the huge roundabout in République, nearly getting run over by a bus and sideswiped by scooters. Ahh, the joys of biking in Paris...

No comments: