Thursday, February 14, 2008

I hate British Airways & US Airlines

I just returned from 2 lovely weeks in the States… a week spent doing nothing but relaxing in my PJ’s on my parent’s couch in Maryland, catching up on past episodes The Real Housewives of Orange County and Rob & Big (we really do make insanely addictive, sh*tty TV in the States, France needs to step their TV game up). Then I spent a week in New York, running around like a madwoman trying to catch up with 100 friends in 7 days…

Anyway, the reason I haven't written about the trip or have pics up by now is because the airlines lost both of my suitcases (with my camera cables in it)! Actually, I should say they lost all 3 of my bags.

Sunday night I was scheduled for a 6:55pm flight from DC to Philly. From there I had an hour layover before my direct flight to Paris. Well, my flight got into Philly about 15 minutes late… fine. Except I was on one of those small planes where they ask you to give them your carry-on so they can stow it under the plane during the flight and bring it back to you at the gate when you de-board the plane. So I’m waiting… and waiting… everyone else has received their bags and was on their way… mine never shows up. Finally they tell me they must have “accidently” sent it down to baggage claim and I would have to go down there to find it. By this time, my flight is scheduled to leave in 30 minutes. As I’m running over to baggage claim I hear the announcement, “Final call for flight 754 to Paris”. Of course, I’m at Terminal F and my flight is leaving from clear across the airport in Terminal A (and not just Gate A1, but Gate A25!)… about a 25-30 minute walk, the absolute furthest distance you could possible go in the damn place. So I find my bag and start running/walking with my heavy carry-on and my purse that was weighted down with fashion magazines and just praying that I make that stupid flight. Oh did I mention that I was also sick as a dog? I was nursing a fever and a pounding headache. I get to the gate at 8:42 (the flight was scheduled to leave at 8:45) and the guy at the gate just says to me, “Sorry, your plane left 10 minutes ago”. Nice. So I had to wait in line for 45 minutes at customer service with about 30 other passengers who all missed their flights and finally got put on a 10pm British Airways flight to London with a 3rd connection from London to Paris. I’m trying to stay calm and politely ask: “But what about my bags? How will I get the bags I checked on the US Airways flight?” And the snooty airline guy was like, “Your bags will travel with you on the BA flight to Paris”. But of course, 17 hours after this nightmare of a journey began, I land at CDG airport, go over to baggage claim, and my bags are not there. Its been 3 days and one bag arrived, the one carrying my makeup and hair products (thank God), but the other bag is still missing and they have no idea where it is.

I’m pissed, annoyed, frustrated, depressed and without any of my favorite clothes. I call about 3x a day but all they keep telling me is that it hasn’t been located yet and I just have to wait. So I’m waiting. Impatiently. I hate this.

It doesn’t help that tonight is Valentine’s Day and I’m in a seriously crappy mood. Bruno has supposedly planned a nice romantic night for us but I’m not even up for it at this point… poor thing…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the airlines. Talk about no customer service (which is dead) and total contempt for passengers. I hate the airlines!

I'm sorry you had to go through this. It's insane.

DeeGal said...

seriously...i would like to feel bad for you, especially because i know how attached one could get to their clothes, but then you had to mention "bf" and "valentine" and "romantic dinner" and well, you lost all sympathy from me.
nice seeing you though
-dina

Vakker Kvinne said...

Sorry about your stuff with the airline, but great blog!

Stop by mine when you get a chance.

W

Vakker Kvinne said...

p.s. can I add you to my blog roll?

Stacy said...

vakker: sure! and thank you :o)