Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Our first date...

Had lunch with B yesterday… it was so much fun! He works about 2 blocks away from me at a big law firm and took me to a Bangladeshi restaurant near our office. Of course in Paris, lunch isn’t a quick scarf down but an event to savour. So we sat in the corner of this tiny restaurant talking about everything under the sun for nearly 2 hours. He’s really smart and interesting and FUNNY (I always maintain that it’s a lot harder to be funny in a foreign tongue). And he’s a reader! Everyone knows what a bookworm I am, and believe it or not, I have never dated a guy who understood how important books are in my life nor shared the same passion. But he reads everything from classic literature to biographies, and One Hundred Years of Solitude is one of his favorites (mine too); we had a whole discussion on books and it totally reminded me of my convos with Helen which is extremely surprising. That alone was enough for me :o)
Anyway, he’s great. We’re going to dinner and then to see the new Brad Pitt movie tomorrow night at 8pm… stay tuned!

2 comments:

p said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
p said...

So glad the date went well! Can't wait to hear about your second tryst!