Friday, December 21, 2007

I'm going to Africa!

I just bought a plane ticket to Tozeur, Tunisia! I just found out that I have the next two weeks off of work (yes, my boss gave me no warning about this until YESTERDAY!) and was pretty bummed out that I didn’t know sooner so I could have planned a vacation that wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg… or gone home and seen you folks. I happened to be talking to a girlfriend about it this morning and she suggested I checkout lastminute.fr to see if they had a cheap package… and the first interesting destination on the list was Tunisia (350€ all inclusive) so I just booked it. Yes, totally random, I know—I did check to make sure there weren’t any travel advisories, health crises or visa requirements first though :o)

So I leave next Wednesday for 4 days and will be staying in this cute little hotel in the middle of the desert... well it looks cute in the pictures anyway (see below). Its sunny and nearly 70 degrees there so all I’m thinking about is lying out by the pool, reading, shopping in the little village and most importantly, riding a camel through the Sahara!

I have no idea what time I’m leaving, which airport I’m flying out of, how I’m getting to the hotel, what I’ll do once I’m there, nothing… um ok… I may have gone insane…

Stay tuned!

No comments: