Sunday, September 16, 2007

An 80's house party

My English friend Temi invited me to a house party being thrown by her boyfriend Rhose's college friend on Saturday night. It was in a huge triplex townhouse in the 20th arr., which is a very rare find in Paris. The theme was 80’s so everyone was dressed up except for us and one or two other people. I spent most of the night talking to a group of about 5 French boys—having sparked a conversation with one of the guys about his “Fat Tuesdays” necklace and bonding over our shared memories of Spring Break in Cancun (don’t ask).

One of the guys (we’ll call him Cancun), was really cute but I couldn’t tell if he was gay or not. He was dressed in full 80’s gay-club attire: neon blue spandex leggings, under short shorts with a mesh muscle shirt layered under a neon pink tank top tied up at the navel and high top Converse All Stars (how I still managed to see he was hot is beyond me). Eventually he made some reference to getting married and having children, and the sexiness of women so I decided he may be straight after all.

We all exchanged numbers and they’ve promised to call me and take me out next weekend. I’m definitely going to give Cancun a call though… he may very well be my future husband!

One thing I’ve noticed is that it’s much easier to meet guys in this city than girls. French girls aren’t as quick to befriend other girls and can be a bit standoffish… and I do miss having girlfriends around to talk to. I’ve never been one of those girls who “have only guy friends because I don’t get along with other girls”. I much prefer girls (sorry boys! I do love you!)…

Anyway, that was my first Parisian house party, a good night!

No comments: