Thursday, September 27, 2007

My new career

So I started this new job… working as an executive/marketing assistant for a computer software company based in Ohio. Basically my job is to do sales/marketing stuff (organizing trade shows, working with the PR agency, ad buys) in between making coffee and filing papers—in actuality, I spend my days gchatting and keeping up-to-date with the latest Hollywood gossip on Perez.

I’m getting paid in Dollars so they can skirt the heavy taxes that the French government charges to incorporated companies… sounds a bit sketch, but whatever, its money and I wasn’t even expecting that. Its funny b/c before my boss hired me he said, “I think you’re great. My only concern is that you’ll leave in 6 months when a fashion company in Paris comes knocking at your door”. I told him that I was not looking to get back into stress of the fashion world, that I wanted to find a work/life balance that one couldn’t have when working in such a demanding field as fashion and publishing… Ha! If Chanel called me up tomorrow, I would be out of here with the quickness! But for the time being, this is fine…

Here’s a pic of my office. It’s just me and my boss (he’s English) in this tiny little space. So its quite a skill to pretend to look busy when he’s sitting 2 feet away… but the office is on the Champs-Elysse which is something like the equivalent of working on say Broadway & Spring in the city…


2 comments:

señorita foodie said...

omg haha i just busted out laughing..."trying to look busy when you sit two feet away." yea i would think that would be difficult. brought me back to those fairchild days!!!!

BTW i love this blog. sooo jealous!

xo

señorita foodie said...

omg haha i just busted out laughing..."trying to look busy when you sit two feet away." yea i would think that would be difficult. brought me back to those fairchild days!!!!

BTW i love this blog. sooo jealous!

xo